Water Treatment Operator
- Relocation assistance considered for the successful applicant
- Flexible work arrangements/part time opportunities availabl
Seqwater is the Queensland Government Bulk Water Supply Authority, responsible for delivering safe, secure and cost-effective bulk water supply for 3.2 million people across Southeast Queensland.
Seqwater is one of the largest water businesses with the most geographically spread and diverse asset base of any capital city water authority. Our operations extend from the New South Wales border to the base of the Toowoomba ranges.
About Your Opportunity
Reporting to our Operations Supervisor Supply, you will use sound judgement and technical knowledge to ensure supply demand is met, whilst monitoring and testing water quality, chemical dosing and responding to and resolving alarms and equipment faults.
This role is responsible for
- Operate, monitor, control and optimise the water treatment processes and maintain specified outcomes as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures by application of skills and experience across multiple water treatment plants.
- Undertake all duties required to effectively and efficiently operate water treatment plants.
- Apply judgement to establish chemical doses and process variables using the SCADA system.
- Evaluate and apply knowledge to solve problems (in all conditions) with treatment processes and equipment that will impact on plant output and water quality and implement remedial actions.
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other medical/character requirements. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
This role will be part of team that works on a roster including weekends, public holidays and some on-call work (shift allowances apply).
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Possess a C class Drivers Licence
- Certificate II in Water Industry Operations (mandatory).
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (highly desirable).
- Working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety as it relates water treatment and utilities industry.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of Water Treatment Plants.
This position has a salary ranging from $66,000 to $83,901 plus superannuation.
For a more detailed preview of the work that you will be involved in for this role, feel free to take a look at the position description on our careers page - careers.seqwater.com.au We also invite you to connect with us on LinkedIn and join our growing community of followers to see all the latest news and job opportunities as and when they happen - https://www.linkedin.com/company/seqwater/
If you are looking for an extraordinary career in which you can make a real impact, we'd love to hear from you!
- QLD - Mount Crosby
- $66,000 to $83,901 + shift allowances
- Work Type:
- Full Time