SSP320 - Electrical Engineer
Goulburn-Murray Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
Goulburn-Murray Water (GMW) is Australia’s largest rural water corporation responsible for storing, managing and delivering water across most of northern Victoria. GMW provides more than 39,000 services to about 25,000 customers in its operating region.
About the Role
Based in Tatura, you will join the Technical Standards and Support team located within the Strategy and Services Planning Division. This role will support the GMW business with the following responsibilities:
- Provide electrical engineering expertise to GMW’s various business units.
- Provide technical input into the development of projects from options investigation through to functional design stage associated with the Water Delivery and Water Storage businesses.
- Through the provision of engineering expertise identify opportunities for innovation and efficiency through the asset design process.
- Maintain appropriate Asset Management Plans to inform GMW’s proposed investment (Maintenance & Capital).
- Support the development and application of technical standards for the organisation
What do you need?
- Degree in appropriate field of engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Must ensure they are a registered Electrical Engineer in Victoria prior to June 2023. If an application for engineering registration has not yet been submitted, it must be submitted on appointment to GMW.
- Ability to work independently and adapt work priorities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- Agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our organisation where people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers.
- GMW are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- GMW offer flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
- Great time to make the move to regional Victoria for a different lifestyle, career opportunities and challenge.
For more information or to view the position description please visit our website.
Applications close 30 January, 2023. To apply for this role please complete the GMW application form provided on our careers page and email together with a copy of your current CV to email@example.com.
In accordance with Chief Health Officer Directions, all employees need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status. All candidates that are recommended for appointment will be required to provide evidence they meet the vaccination criteria.
GMW is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. GMW encourages people with diverse backgrounds, experience and perspectives to apply.
We welcome applications from people with disability and aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss reasonable adjustments to support you to take part in an interview, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jan 2023
- VIC - Tatura
- Work Type:
- Full Time