Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Resource Science and the Regional Hydrogeology group have several immediate hydrogeology opportunities ranging from Hydrogeologist to Senior Hydrogeologist (Specified Calling Levels 1 to 3). We are looking for hydrogeologists who will:
- deliver scientific investigations and advice which can directly inform the management of water and / or other natural resources.
- work constructively as a member of a team, building productive relationships across the department and externally with consultants and academia for example.
Show demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- hydrogeological conceptualisation and the development / refinement of conceptual models. This work will range from early assessments of greenfields areas to refining our understanding of Western Australia’s most heavily utilised aquifer systems.
- developing and executing hydrogeological field programs across the state, including large scale drilling programs, groundwater sampling, and geophysical surveys.
- numerical modelling using a variety of graphical user interface (GUI) and non-GUI methods. Communication of complex model results into intuitive asset management tools.
- assessing environmental approvals, licence applications and industry performance, working in regional teams across the State.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2022
- WA - Perth
- $70,165- $122,969
- Work Type:
- Full Time