Water Services Trainee Operator - Treatment / Distribution - [Archived Advertisement]
Liverpool Plains Shire Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Services Trainee Operator
Treatment / Distribution
$44,626.40 - $55,816.80 + Superannuation
9 day Fortnight t
Liverpool Plains Shire is a vibrant, dynamic and economically strong rural area located four hours north of Sydney and 45 minutes south of the regional centre of Tamworth. The region has a rich agricultural history and picturesque beauty encompassing the foothills of the Great Dividing Range and the sweeping expanse of the fertile Liverpool Plains. The area offers the opportunity for a true rural lifestyle in a friendly atmosphere with excellent transport links. Council offers a range of benefits to employees including a 9 day fortnight, training and study assistance.
The Works Department at Liverpool Plains Shire Council is seeking a Water Services Trainee Operator. This position will work closely with the Water Services Operator.
- To work as part of a team to deliver safe and reliable water and sewer services.
- Assist in operating and maintaining treatment processes to meet Council’s quality systems, regulatory requirements and levels of service.
- Assist in operating, maintaining and repairing Council’s water and sewer distribution assets.
- Assist in providing excellent customer service for all of Council’s water and sewerage stakeholders.
Qualifications / Experience
- Ability to successfully complete NSW TAFE Certificate II in Water Industry Operations within two years of commencement.
- Have successfully completed SafeWork NSW General Construction induction training.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- Demonstration of Sound Mathematical and Literacy skill levels.
- Ability to follow instructions and have attention to detail.
- Ability to co-operatively work in a multi-disciplinary work environment to achieve the best outcomes.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously, as well as co-operatively within a team.
- Ability to read and understand instructions, warning labels and compliance information relating to Council Policy, Work Health & Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply knowledge.
- Ability to maintain records, and communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Competent Computer skills using Microsoft based software applications.
- Ability and prepared to work according to a 7-day spread-of-hours on-call roster, and perform overtime duties (as applicable) where directed.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of EEO and WH&S, and an ability to apply them to work practices.
If you are interested in the opportunity for a challenging career providing services to the community, please contact Garth Parker, Water Services Supervisor on 0428 637 646 on or visit Council’s website www.lpsc.nsw.gov.au to find out more about the position..
For information on the recruitment process please contact Sophie Boyce, Human Resources Business Partner on (02) 6746 4502.
Please submit your application by 4pm Friday 26th July 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jul 2019
- NSW - Quirindi
- $44,626.40 - $55,816.80 + Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time