NSW Rural Fire Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Temporary full time role for a period up to 30 June 2021
- 35 hour work week
- Location: West Wyalong
- 25 days annual leave per annum
About the NSW Rural Fire Service
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) is the lead combat agency for bush fires in NSW. Working closely with other agencies we respond to a range of emergencies including structure fires, motor vehicle accidents and storms that occur within rural fire districts.
Our vision and mission is to provide a world standard of excellence in the provision of a community-based fire and emergency service. To protect the community and our environment we will minimise the impact of fire and other emergencies by providing the highest standards of training, community education, prevention and operational capability.
About the role
The Bland Temora District is one of six Districts within Area Command South Western. The District team provides support to 34 Rural Fire Brigades and over 1200 volunteers across the Bland and Temora Shires.
The role reports to the District Manager and is fundamental in providing Membership support, fleet management along with station maintenance and heavy plant coordination.
The role encompasses core operational support functions with tasks including, assisting with volunteer training requirements and operational duty and emergency response coordination.
The District’s volunteer brigades are geographically dispersed, meaning travel may be required.
After hours work, participation in Operational Rosters and emergency related work commensurate with your level of training is an expected requirement for this role.
Balancing multiple tasks with competing priorities are key challenges for this role.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated, energetic team who are committed to continuous improvement and driving a high performance and inclusive culture for the Rural Fire Service, its members and the communities of NSW.
You must meet the following essential requirements:
- A Certificate IV in a relevant discipline, or equivalent.
- Current RFS PBS certification or equivalent expertise.
- Current RFS Community Liaison Officer (CLO) and/or Media Liaison Officer (MLO) certification or equivalent expertise.
- Anyone of the following current RFS certifications: IML, IMP or IMO (or GL), or equivalent expertise.
- Current RFS RFI and ASR certification, or equivalent expertise.
- No condition preventing normal field activities of the job (i.e. non-arduous).
- May be required to participate on an after hours and/or on call roster.
- A current driver’s licence and the ability to travel.
- During periods of heightened operational activity, the incumbent may be required to support operational management activities consistent with their skills and background.
Click here to download the role description.We are looking for an individual who can:
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Show initiative, multi-task and prioritise
- Apply their knowledge and experience of the Microsoft suite of applications
- Effectively work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in their approach work
- Apply attention to detail in all aspects of their workWe offer:
- Flexible work practices
- Attractive salary and superannuation
- Attractive leave entitlements
- Working for a highly regarded emergency service, where supporting the local community is at the forefront of our business strategy
- Opportunities for learning and development
For further information, please review the role description or contact Steve Holden on 0409 919 007 [link removed].Applications close: Sunday 1 November 2020, 11:59 pm
Applying for the role:
To apply for this role, you will need to submit an online application via http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/, which includes responding to the targeted question, and attaching a PDF:
- A cover letter (maximum two pages)
- A resume, which clearly details skills, experience and capabilities required for this role as per the role description. This should include two referees, one of which is a current or recent supervisor, and their contact details (maximum 5 pages).
Click here for further information on applying for a role in the public sector.
- Prior to applying for this role candidates should download the Role Description. Candidates must demonstrate in their application how they meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements.
- The NSW Rural Fire Service is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with a disability.
- Relevant criminal history, referee checks and prior employment checks will be conducted on recommended applicants.
- A talent pool may be established for future temporary and ongoing roles with similar focus capabilities. The talent pool may be available to hiring managers across the state over a 18 month period.
NSW Public Sector Capability Framework
NSW RFS Code of Conduct and Ethics
Internal vacancy ref: 20/88
- Closing Date:
- 01 Nov 2020
- NSW - West Wyalong
- $86,639 pa - $95,598 pa plus superannuation
- Work Type:
Bushfire/Natural Disaster Recovery
Communications and Community Engagement